Wednesday, June 15, 2011

INSERT COIN(S)

Welcome to my fighting game journal/blog.


About myself. I'm 28 and have lived in Southern California for most of my life. I grew up near many arcades and was introduced to my first modern fighting game, Street Fighter in 1991, probably at Del Amo mall at Aladdin's Castle or at the KeyStone Lanes bowling alley. I used to go with my Grandmother every Friday night when she bowled on a league and was give a few bucks to play arcade games. Street Fighter caught my attention because of it's complexity; special moves, combos and glitches were fascinating. I remember seeing Guile's "handcuffs" glitch there for the first time. I liked Blanka and Guile at the time but being so young I didn't have any idea how to play.


I've played fighting games off and on throughout the years, my favorites being SF, KI, and MK.


Interestingly enough, my father also played Street Fighter and as I found out only recently that he introduced my cousin to the game when he was younger. It's funny how things run in the family. Or is that just coincidence?


My intent with this blog is to discuss my experiences with fighting games and cover some of my history with them. I'll try to cover each event that I've participated in with what details I can remember and the outcome of the matches. Thanks to Google Calendar I've been able to keep some notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment